Simulation: Statistical Auditing
This activity has two problems that deal with the items you would typically encounter during statistical auditing. Each problem will give you data and ask you a series of questions.
In Problem 1 Actual Allowance for Sampling Risk, you will use the information from a table of various risk percentages and sample sizes to determine the appropriate computed upper exception rate (CUER) to be used for samples when testing for controls.
In Problem 2 Tests of Transactions, you will use the information from a table to calculate the missing attributes in the table in order to obtain samples for the testing of controls.Problem 1Problem 2
For the first problem, the questions relate to determining the CUER in audit sampling for tests of controls. Please use the following table for Problem 1 :
|Acceptable risk of over-reliance (ARO) (in percent)||10||10||5||5|
|Number of exceptions||2||4||2||3|
Calculate sample exception rate (SER) for each of columns 1 through 4. Use the SER to calculate the actual allowance for sampling risk. Fill in the missing values.
Now answer the following questions about the data:
- Why is the CUER higher for the attribute in column 1 than for the attribute in column 2?
- Why is the CUER higher for the attribute in column 3 than for the attribute in column 1?
- Assume that the tolerable exception rate (TER) for attribute 4 is 6 percent. Your audit senior indicates that he would like to be able to rely on this control and asks you to increase the sample by an additional 50 items. Use the appropriate statistical sampling table to answer this question: Will the increase in the sample be likely to yield favorable results for the entire sample of 150 items?
For this problem, the sampling data sheet is missing information for six attributes involving tests of transactions for the sales and collection cycle.
Use Table 15-8 Determining Sample Size for Attributes Sampling and 15-9 Evaluating Sample Results (click the link to access each table) to complete the missing cells in the table below.
|Attributes||EPER||TER||ARO||Initial Sample Size||Sample Size||Number of Exceptions||CUER|
This question was answered on: Sep 13, 2020Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 13, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.