The RN is engaging in the teaching learning process with two (2) patients who will be taught separately how to administer their own insulin injections.
One patient is a 10 year old boy and the other patient is a 28 year old woman. The 10 year old is a newly diagnosed Insulin Dependent Diabetic and the 28 year old progressed to being an Insulin Dependent Diabetic following her most recent pregnancy when she experienced Gestational Diabetes.
Initial Discussion Post:
- Compare and contrast different techniques to be used when establishing therapeutic relationships with children and adults
- Choose one (1) of the patients and:
- Identify age appropriate assessments that would be made regarding learning readiness.
- Write one (1) actual nursing diagnosis statement (3 parts) which focuses on the teaching learning process.
- Write one (1) risk nursing diagnosis (2 parts) which focuses on adaptation to psychological stress. Base your initial post on your readings and research on this topic.