1.To find out if software piracy is increasing, connect to www.bsa.org, look at the most recent Global Software Study, then answer the following questions:
a. What time period does the study cover?
b. Did software piracy increase or decrease during this time period, and if so, by how much?
c. Which regions had the highest and lowest piracy rates?
d. Which countries had the three highest piracy rates, and what percentage of software is pirated in these countries?
2.As a justification of high piracy rates, some observers point out that people in many countries simply might not be able to afford software that is priced for the U.S. market. Find the current retail price for Microsoft Office in the United States. Next, find the average annual income for Bangladesh. Divide the price by the average annual income to calculate the percentage of a Bangladeshi?s income that would be required to purchase Microsoft Office. What percentage of a Bangladeshi?s income would he or she have to pay to get Microsoft Office at the full retail U.S. price?
3.The incidence of piracy seems to be higher among small businesses and indi- vidual users than corporations and government agencies. According to one study, two-thirds of college and university students see nothing unethical about swapping or downloading digital copyrighted software, music, and movie files without paying for them, and more than half of the people surveyed for the study believe it is acceptable to do so in the workplace. Perhaps education is part of the solution; more publicity about the cost of piracy might encourage people to stop using illegal software. Search YouTube for software piracy or anti-piracy ads, then complete the following:
a. List the titles and links for the three ads that you consider most effective.
b. List the title and link for an anti-piracy video that college students would con- sider ?lame.?
4. An organization called SIIA (Software & Information Industry Association) has been active in efforts to reduce software piracy. Visit the organization?s site at www.siia.net and explore the resources offered there. How much emphasis is placed on software piracy compared to content infringement? Support your con- clusion with examples
What do you think?
1. On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate the seriousness of software piracy?
2. Do you know of any instances of software piracy?
3. Do you think that most software pirates understand that they are doing something
4. Should software publishers try to adjust their software pricing for local markets?
This question was answered on: Sep 13, 2020Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 13, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.