This is from an Intro Research class, there is not a course choice as such. The text used is Research and Medical Literature for Health Professionals". The Vocabulary words should be matched to the definitions.
DIE 4564 Review / self-test NAME:__________________________ REVISE BEFORE REUSE!!! Match the words below with the following definitions.
1. _________________ - knowledge based on shared cultural understandings
2. _________________ - a systematic explanation devised and tested that explains a group of facts or
3. _________________ - belief that if something happens more frequently than normal during some
7. period, then it will happen less frequently in the future
_________________ - Relying on or derived from observation or experiment
_________________ - Collecting and analyzing new data as a type of research
_________________ - a statistical relationship between two variables
_________________ - participants in a study change their behavior for the better simply because they know they are being observed
8. _________________ - a systematic and logical method of inquiry
9. _________________ - knowledge based on the status of the discoverer
10. _________________ - a pre-defined systematic set of procedures or technique used to accomplishing
11. _________________ - those things we ?know? as part of the culture we share with those around us
12. _________________ - frame of reference through which to observe and understand
13. _________________ - neither the participants nor the persons assessing the participants? health status
know which participants are in the active and control groups
14. _________________ - the effect can only be explained by the cause and cannot be explained by a
15. _________________ - not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than
19. facts or research
_________________ - avoiding to look for information or cases that are different or outliers
_________________ - collecting and analyzing existing data as a type of research
_________________ - paragraph-length summary of an article, chapter, or book
_________________ - all cases have the same health-related condition and the controls are similar to the cases in every way except for the condition under study,
20. _________________ - describes two or more patients who have the same disease condition or who
have undergone the same procedure
21. _________________ - any systematic (not random) deviation from the true value
22. _________________ - the degree of error to be expected of a given sample design
23. _________________ - sample has the same distribution of characteristics as the population from
which it was selected
24. _________________ - someone who is well versed in the social phenomenon or characteristic about
the members of the sample population who actually participate in the study
25. _________________ - probability sampling method where all subjects have an equal chance of being
26. _________________ - members of the sample population who decline to be in the study are
systematically different from participants
27. _________________ - a tentative explanation for an observation, phenomenon, or scientific problem
28. ___ - the exposed and unexposed groups are drawn from similar populations and followed over time
? could also be COHORT or STUDY POPULATION DIE 4564 Review / self-test
33. NAME:__________________________ _________________ - the range of values within which a population parameter is estimated to lie
_________________ - specifying the meanings of each concept you want to study
_________________ - non-probability sample based on ease of acquiring cases to study
_________________ - when cases and controls systematically have different memories of the past
_________________ - reviewing and synthesizing information from the literature as a type of research
34. _________________ - collect and analyze exiting data from the literature and compiling it into one
35. _________________ - study design that describes the exposure and / or disease states in a population
36. _________________ - study design that compares average levels of exposure and disease in several
37. _________________ - characteristics that the prospective cases must have if they are to be included
38. _________________ - determining how you will measure the results
39. _________________ - sample is chosen have the same distribution of characteristics assumed to exist
in the population being studied.
40. _________________ - Compares outcomes between a sample receiving an intervention and a similar
sample not receiving an intervention
41. _________________ - a study in which a given characteristic of some population is monitored over
42. _________________ - a study in which some specific subpopulation, or cohort, is studied over time.
43. _________________ - a study in which data are collected from the same set of people at several
points in time.
44. _________________ - a well-defined subset of individuals from the target population
45. _________________ - where after a random start every nth case is selected
46. _________________ - the ability of a statistical test to detect significant differences in a population
when differences really do exist
47. _________________ - when a study population yields a significant statistical test result when one
does not exist in the source population
48. _________________ - when a statistical test of data from the study population finds no significant
result when one actually exists in the source population
Convenience sample Operationalization
Random sample (simple)
Research is based on this
Statistical power DIE 4564 Review / self-test
Nonresponse bias NAME:__________________________
Source population /Sampling frame
Type 1 errors (?)
Type 2 errors (?)
This question was answered on: Sep 13, 2020Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 13, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.