1. What is the balanced total and net ionic equation for the chemical reaction between Na2CO3
2. What is the balanced total and net ionic equation for the chemical reaction between KHP and
3. What is the chemical equation for the acid dissociation of HPin
water? Give the
corresponding Ka equation.
4. What are the two chemical equations for the base dissociation reaction for CO3
in water (show each step separately)? Give the two corresponding Kb equations.
5. What is the relationship between the Ka of a weak acid and the Kb of its conjugate base?
6. Suppose a weak acid, HA, has a Ka value of 3.4 x 10-6 M for its acid dissociation in water.
What is the Kb for the base dissociation of Ain
7. If I am titrating 0.2345 g of KHP (MW = 204.23 g/mol) with 0.1234 M NaOH, what is the
expected equivalence point.
8. What are the two expected equivalence points for the titration of 0.4424 g of Na2CO3 (MW =
106 g/mol) with 0.1544 M HCl?