1. Describe the substitutional interstitial diffusion mechanisms in solid metals.
2. What factors affect the diffusion rate in solid metal crystals?
3. Write the equation for the solution to Fick?s second law for the diffusion of a gas into the surface of a solid metal crystal lattice.
4. The surface of a steel gear made of 1022 steel (0.22 wt % C) is to be gascarburized at 927ºC (1700ºF). Calculate the time necessary to increase the carbon content to 0.30 wt % at 0.030 in. below the surface of the gear. Assume the carbon content of the surface to be 1.20 wt %. D (C in ? iron) at 927ºC = 1.28 × 10 ?11 m2/s.
5. A gear made of 1020 steel (0.20 wt % C) is to be gas-carburized at 927ºC (1700ºF). Calculate the carbon content at 0.90 mm below the surface of the gear after a 4.0-hour carburizing time. Assume the carbon content at the surface of the gear is 1.00 wt %. D (C in ? iron) at 927ºC = 1.28 × 10 ?11 m2/s.
6. A gear made of 1018 steel (0.18 wt % C) is to be gas-carburized at 927ºC (1700ºF). If the carburizing time is 7.5 h, at what depth in millimeters will the carbon content be 0.40 wt %? Assume the carbon content at the surface of the gear is 1.20 wt %. D (C in ? iron) at 927ºC = 1.28 × 10 ?11 m2/s.
This question was answered on: Sep 13, 2020Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 13, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.