Please assist with the following questions. Thank you
ACCT 310: Intermediate Accounting I
Homework Assignment #7 Question 1
The Montgomery Company provided the following information on intangible assets:
(a) A patent was purchased for $1 million on June 30, 2011. Montgomery estimated the remaining useful
life of the patent to be five years.
(b) During 2013, a franchise was purchased from the Taco Time Company for $40,000. The contractual life
of the franchise is 20 years and Montgomery records a full year of amortization in the year of purchase.
(c) Effective January 1, 2013, based on new events that have occurred, Montgomery estimates that the
remaining life of the patent is seven more years.
Prepare the entries required to reflect the above information for 2011 through 2013, including year-end
adjusting entries to record amortization.
The Jonas Corporation purchased all of the outstanding common stock of Bieber Corporation for $25 million in
cash. The book value of Bieber?s net assets (assets minus liabilities) was $16.25 million. The fair values of all of
Bieber?s assets and liabilities were equal to their book values with the following exceptions:
Intangible Assets Book Value
$30,000 Fair Value
$3,000,000 Calculate the amount paid for Goodwill.
On October 15, 2015, the Brown Company exchanged operational assets with the Yellow Company. The facts
of the exchange are as follows:
Fair Market Value Brown Company
$125,000 Yellow Company
$110,000 To equalize the exchange, Yellow Company paid Brown Company $15,000 in cash.
Record the exchange transaction on Brown Company?s books. Question 4
Presented below is information related to equipment owned by Carpenter Company at December 31, 2014.
Accumulated Depreciation to date
Expected future net cash flows
Assume Carpenter Company will continue to use this asset in the future. As of December 31, 2014, the
equipment has a remaining useful life of 4 years.
(1) Prepare the journal entry (if any) to record the impairment of the asset at December 31, 2014. (2) Prepare the journal entry (if any) to record depreciation expense for 2015.
(3) The fair value of the equipment at December 31, 2015 is $5,100,000. Prepare the journal entry (if any)
necessary to record the increase in fair value. Question 5
Assume the same facts as Question 5 above except that Carpenter Company intends to dispose of the
equipment in the coming year and that the cost of disposal is $20,000.
(1) Prepare the journal entry (if any) to record the impairment of the asset at December 31, 2014.
(2) Prepare the journal entry (if any) to record depreciation expense for 2015.
(3) The asset was not sold by December 31, 2015. The fair value of the equipment at December 31, 2015
is $5,100,000. Prepare the journal entry (if any) necessary to record the increase in fair value assuming
the cost of disposal is still $20,000.
This question was answered on: Sep 13, 2020Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 13, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.