This paper's goal is to summarize the student's comprehension of the Biblical description that God has revealed concerning what sin is and its effects on human living.
In this two - three page paper, we will use the research and what we have learned and found in our journaling to respond to the following questions:
- What have you always believed about what human sin is and what has been your source of that belief system?
- What have you discovered that the Bible has to say on this theme?
- Explain the effects in your life if you accepted the Biblical perspectives of how God has defined and prohibited sin. These could include your self-worth, your evaluation of the other persons, your view of what is valuable, your concept of a good life, your eternal destiny, etc.
The bible verses looked at this week?.
The origin and universal nature of sin in the world: Gen 3-4. Rom 1:18-23; Rom 5:12-19; Gen 6:1-8; Rom 3:10-11; Psa 51:1-5; 1Jo 1:8; Pro 20:9; Isa 53:6; Isa 26:21;
The results of sin in the world: Gen 3-4; Rom 6:23; Rom 1:24-32; Eph 2:1-3; Isa 57:20-21; Joh 8:34; 1Co 15:56; Isa 64:6-7; Isa 59:2; Lev 18:25; Isa 13:11
The expressions of sin in humanity: Joh 3:18-20; 1Jo 3:1-12; Rom 3:12-18, 23; Gen 6:11-12; Psa 5:9; Psa 14:1-3; Jud 1:14-15; Psa 51:1-5; Heb 11:6
Good way to look up any bible verse?..
Journal entries for this week we focused on Psa 51:1-12. This is a passage David wrote after his well-known adulterous affair with Bathsheba and the murder of her husband. This is a longer passage, so we focused on the descriptions and results of sin in David's life. Introduced in this passage is the deliverance from this sin that he cries out. below are my 3 journal entries that can be looked at for this paper?..
1. I spend around thirty three minutes on the first session. The phrases that surfaced for me were, ?Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight? (Psalm51:4a); ?Surely you desire truth in the inner parts, you teach me wisdom in the inmost place? (Psalm51:6); ?Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me? (Psalm51:10) and? Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me? (Psalm51:11). These phrases were so clear to me because they show the clear picture of David?s situation. They show the magnitude of the grief he had in his heart.
Heavenly father, I thank you for being God and my Redeemer. Thank you for your loving kindness and tender mercies which endures forever. I repent my trespasses and ask you to forgive me as I forgive those who trespass against me. In the name of Jesus Christ my LORD and my Savior I pray believing and trusting. Amen.
2. I spend approximately forty five minutes on the second session. The phrase ?Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight?(Psalm 51:4a) shows godly sorrow in David. The Spirit of God in David causes grief in him and he was so sorry for sinning against God whom he loves so much. The phrase ?Surely you desire truth in the inner parts, you teach me wisdom in the inmost place?(Psalm 51:6) displays the character of God concerning purity. He is concerned with the inward purity and not outward purity which most of the time is as a result of pretence which He hates. He looks to the mind and examines the heart. His demands are true holiness, sincerity and fidelity of the heart. The phrase ?Create in me a pure heart, O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me?(Psalm 51:10) shows David had realized that what he needed was a new heart and spirit not amending the old one which had been ruined and corrupted by sin. He wanted to be made new again and to experience God?s presence again. Finally the phrase ?Dot not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me?(Psalm 51:11) depicts the condition of David in his spirit. He realized that his sin could separate him from the presence of the LORD and cause him to perish in his sin without God?s help. As a consequence, he pleads to God to have mercy on him and not to turn His countenance away from him.
Sovereign God, you are highly exalted above all. You reign with power and majesty. Father in the name of Jesus, I pray for forgiveness of willful sins. May your Spirit teach me your ways that I may follow them. Search my mind and my heart and take away from me what does not please you. My desire is to worship you in your splendor of holiness. Father lead me and guide me. In the name of the Father, the Son and of the Holy Spirit I pray. Amen.
3. In the third session, I spend almost thirty minutes. During this session and in the silent time, I noticed images of sincere repentance and true grief in the heart of a believer. This was as a result of the discoveries I made on how a believer should react to sin.
Everlasting father, I adore you and uplift your name higher. You are wonderful to me. Thank you for your Spirit and the new revelation you have given me. I surrender all to you, direct my steps and lead me to way everlasting. For this I pray in the name of our LORD Jesus Christ our Savior. Amen.
This question was answered on: Sep 13, 2020Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 13, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.