Simulation for Taks
Taks Home Furnishing sales 18 cubic-foot Whirlpool refrigerators, which come in three colors, white, almond and harvest gold. Each day, the store expects between 0 and 4 customers interested in buying a refrigerator to arrive at the store according to the following probability distribution:
P(0 arrivals) = 0.15
P(1 arrivals) = 0.25
P(2 arrivals) = 0.30
P(3 arrivals) = 0.20
P(4 arrivals) = 0.10
For each of these customers, there is a 60% chance that the person will decide to purchase a refrigerator. Taks also knows that 40% of customers desire a white refrigerator, 25% desire an almond refrigerator, and 35% desire a gold refrigerator. If the store is sold out of a particular color choice, the customer will leave without making a purchase. In order not to lose sales while maintaining low inventory, it is critical to estimate how many refrigerators in each color will be sold each month.
You are assigned to develop a simulation worksheet in Excel to simulate sales in Taks for a month to provide a baseline estimate for its inventory, by following these steps.
1. Referring to excel worksheet titled "demo", learn how to simulate the decision of the first customer on day 1 by carefully studying all the formulas/functions used in the example and understanding the logics behind them. Consult with Excel Help if clarification is needed.
2. Apply what you have learned from the "demo" and use the worksheet titled "simulation" to conduct the actual simulation for 30 days.
- ? You need to enter proper formulas/functions from "A10" to "W39";
- ? You need to tally number of refrigerators sold in each color and put them in R3-R5;
- ? Run the simulation 10 times, (selecting an empty cell and clicking "delete" key regenerates the result) and save the 10 results for # sold in a separate sheet titled "report";
- ? Use the average of the results from 10 simulation runs as the recommendation for inventory.
Day R# 1 0.2040 # Arrive Cust # 1 R# Pur (Y/N) 1 0.5892 yes R# color (W/A/G) 0.3002 white pdf
1 vlookup bracket
0.9 # arrivals
1 vlookup bracket
1 vlookup bracket
gold # of gold refrigerator sold
you can select any empty cell and press "delete" key in your keyboard to refresh
the random number generated by the function =rand().
by doing so, you can check whether the formulas/functions cover all the scenarios correctly. Vlookup
30 R# # Arrive Cust # R# # arrival
Pur (Y/N) Vlookup Decision
no R# color Cust # R# Pur (Y/N) R# vlookup bcolor
gold color Cust # R# Pur (Y/N) # sold R# color Cust # R# Pur (Y/N) R# color
This question was answered on: Sep 13, 2020Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 13, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.