Jim has asked you to prepare financial statements for his first month of operation. The following information relates to the month of May, 2014. (Round all calculations to the nearest whole dollar)
Ace Lawn Care Module 2 Mini Practice Problem
Jim has asked you to prepare financial statements for his first month of operation. The
following information relates to the month of May, 2014. (Round all calculations to the
nearest whole dollar)
1. On May 2, Jim signed a 1 year, 6% note for $3,500 associated with the purchase of a
used truck for the business. The interest will be due with the principle of the note.
2. On May 2, Jim purchased a used truck for $7,000 to use for the lawn care business.
He estimates a trade-in value of $500 at the end of the estimated five-year life of the
3. On May 5, Jim purchased a lawn mower for $300 and an aerator for $500. He
estimates $0 salvage value for both pieces of equipment and an estimated two-year
life for both.
4. On May 6, Jim writes a $600 check for a six month insurance policy that expires
October 31, 2014. Instructions:
1. Using the chart of accounts provided, and the Excel template provided with this
assignment, record the adjustments in the Worksheet, calculate the adjusted trial
balance and complete the worksheet.
2. Prepare the Income Statement, Statement of Owner?s Capital and Balance Sheet for
Ace Lawn Care for May, 2014
3. Prepare journal entries, in good form, to record the May adjusting entries.
Explanations are optional. Start with Page 3 of the General Journal for the adjusting
4. Post the journal entries to general ledger accounts. There are already transactions in
the ledger for the month, you are adding to those transactions.
5. Prepare and post the closing entries for May, 2014. Start with Page 4 of the General
Journal for the closing entries
6. Prepare a post-closing trial balance as of May 31, 2014, for Ace Lawn Care. Classification
EXPENSES Ace Lawn Care
Chart of Accounts
Account Number Account Name
Accumulated Depreciation ? Equipment
680 Owner?s Drawings
Lawn Service Revenue
Repair and Maintenance Expense
This question was answered on: Sep 13, 2020Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 13, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.