Case Study: Innovations in Distribution Strategy
This week?s readings feature a discussion of logistics, including a case study of the future of same-day delivery. This case illustrates how companies can find competitive advantages through becoming better at logistics. Home delivery, as a service logistic, has been popular in the United States since the end of World War II and the advent of suburban growth. More recently, the service has once again been increasing in popularity for many reasons that may vary from target market to target market. For example, when Tom Monahan created Domino?s Pizza, the market for pizzas on college campuses was very high. Therefore, when Monahan started his Domino's business, he decided to offer free home delivery guaranteed within 30 minutes.
More recently, Amazon and other online retailers have begun experimenting with same-day delivery. This brief case (two pages) considers the question of whether same-day delivery is going to expand or disappear in the future.
For this Discussion, read the Chopra case study article and review the readings on logistics.
Post by Day 3 your answers to the following questions, making sure your response is cohesive and well-reasoned:
- What are the characteristics of businesses that can succeed with same-day delivery?
- What are the potential trade-offs when companies consider this type of service to offer to their customers?
- What factors related to innovation would increase the likelihood of success and why? In formulating your response, consider the following along with any other factors that you think are important:
- Does home delivery reduce any costs?
- Is the location of warehousing facilities important?
- Can multiple customer orders be bundled together (urban versus rural market)?
- Is the inventory mix important (e.g., simple or complex)?
- Are there transportation or technology advances available?
- Please use this link as reference
Running head: INNOVATIONS IN DISTRIBUTION STRATEGIES
1 NAME COURSE COURSE PROFFESSOR DATE OF SUBMISSION INNOVATIONS IN DISTRIBUTION STRATEGIES 2 Introduction
Logistics: - This is the organization...
This question was answered on: Sep 13, 2020Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 13, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.