- September 13, 2020
Signature Assignment (Mock Study). Carefully review the information provided about the mock study, and then address each assignment requirement.
You are the director of Institutional Research at a small state university and you have been given the task of gathering information for the dean of the School of Education regarding the performance of their undergraduate students on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). Data on six variables were collected: gender, overall grade point average (GPA), major GPA, GRE scores in major area, GRE quantitative, GRE verbal, and type of preparation programs. The university is dedicated to maximize student success on the GRE. The university has established five different options for students to prepare for the GREs: option 1 = completely online asynchronous prep course, 2 = completely online synchronous prep course, 3 = complete a hybrid prep course with a combination of online and face to face; 4 = complete a traditional instructor led prep course, and 5 = self-paced paper based prep course.
The dean has simply asked you, ?Tell me what works best and for whom?? You decide to establish a pilot study with 50 randomly selected general science education seniors to determine the details of the methodology as well as to provide some initial data and corresponding results to learn if the research plan meets the dean?s needs. The pilot study needs to contain the following components written in APA format:
- Develop a clear purpose statement sentence capturing the essence of the intent of the pilot study.
- Develop a brief introduction including three research questions (with the use of corresponding symbols orQ1.,Q2.,Q3.) related to the purpose of the pilot study.
- Develop a null and alternative hypothesis (with the use of corresponding symbols orHo1:,Ha1:,Ho2:,Ha2:,Ho3,Ha3🙂 for each of the three research questions.
- Use a statistical decision chart similar to Gragetter and Wallnau (2013) in Chapter 19, and then select the appropriate statistical test/analysis for each research question. Briefly explain the choices for each research question.
- Conduct each analysis using SPSS on the SPSS data set developed in the Create a Mock Data Set in Week 7. The output of those tests should be placed in an Appendix for the final report to the dean.
- Present and discuss the findings (as related to each research question and the fail to reject or rejection of each null hypothesis) in APA format.
- Report appropriate descriptive results.
- Present the results in a logical fashion, answering the research questions and testing the hypotheses as stated and in an appropriate manner for the type of data collected.
- Identify the assumptions of statistical tests, explain the conducted tests to determine whether those assumptions were met, and discuss any violations of those assumptions.
- Make decisions based on the results of the statistical analysis, such as whether the results were statistically significant, and include relevant test statistics and p values.
- Refer to the APA Manual for guidance on how to present the results in the text, tables, and/or figures.
- Present sufficient information to help the dean make independent judgments about the findings.
The Director of Institutional Research at a small state university and I have been given
the task of gathering information for the Dean of the School of Education regarding the…