2. The Lennard-Jones potential describes the interaction potential between two particles as a function of
their separation distance r, and is given by:
V(r) = 4 ? [(?/r)12 - (?/r)6]
Assume that this potential also describes the interaction between an AFM cantilever tip and a surface, with the following interaction parameters:
? = 2e-20 J and ? = 0.5 nm
and that the force between the cantilever tip and the surface is given by F = -dV/dr.
- Calculate the separation distance between the tip and the cantilever beam when the force is zero. (Hint: The force will be zero when the tip is infinitely far away and also at another, closer, separation distance. Find the non-infiniteanswer).
- If the afm cantilever beam has a spring constant of 0.1 N/m, calculate the deflection of the cantilever beam at a separation distance of 0.5 nm. Indicate in a sketch the direction that the cantilever beam isbent
own), and justify your sketch.
This question was answered on: Sep 13, 2020Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 13, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.