Question 2 [15 marks]
Accounting for income tax
F Ltd has prepared its draft statement of profit or loss and other comprehensive income and statement of financial position on 30 June 2015. The statements are prepared before considering taxation. The following information is available:
Extract from statement of profit or loss and other comprehensive income for the year ended 30 June 2015
Assets and liabilities as disclosed in the Statement of Financial Position as at 30 June 2015
- All administration, rent and salaries expenses incurred have been paid as at year end.
- Tax deductions for annual leave, warranties, insurance and rent are available when the amounts are paid, and not as amounts are accrued.
- Amounts received from sales, including those on credit terms, are taxed at the time the sale is made.
- Rent income is taxed when amounts are received, and not as amounts are accrued.
- The company can claim a tax deduction of $10,500 for depreciation on plant, and $12,000 for depreciation on motor vehicles. Accumulated depreciation for tax purposes at 30 June 2014 was $31,500 for plant, and $18,750 for motor vehicles.
- The plant sold during the year (sold on 1 July 2014) had been purchased for $50,000 on 1 July 2013. For taxation purposes, the plant was depreciated at 15% p.a.
- The tax rate is 30%.
i) Determine the balance of any current and deferred tax assets and liabilities as at 30 June 2015, in accordance with AASB 112.
ii) Prepare the journal entries to record the current tax liability and movement in the deferred tax assets and deferred tax liabilities.
This question was answered on: Sep 13, 2020Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 13, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.