1. Some tables for the binomial distribution give values only up to 0.5 for the probability of success p. There is a symmetry between values of p greater than 0.5 and values of p less than 0.5.
(a) Consider the binomial distribution with n=10andp=.75. Since there are anywhere from 0 to 10 successes possible, put the numbers 0 through 10 in Cells A2 through A12. Use Cell A1 for the label r. Use BINOM.DIST with cumulative False option to generate the probabilities for r = 0 through 10.
Store the results in Cells B2 through B12. Use Cell B1 for the label p = 0.75.
(b) Now consider the binomial distribution with n = 10 and p = .25. Use BINOM.DIST with cumulative False option to generate the probabilities for r = 0 through 10. Store the results in Cells C2 through C12. Use Cell C1 for the label p = 0.25.
(c) Now compare the entries in Columns B and C. How does P(r = 4 successes with p = .75) compare to P(r = 6 successes with p = .25)?
2. (a) Consider a binomial distribution with fifteen trials and probability of success on a single trial p= 0.25. Create a worksheet showing values of r and corresponding binomial probabilities. Generate a bar graph of the distribution.
(b) Consider a binomial distribution with fifteen trials and probability of success on a single trial p= 0.75. Create a worksheet showing values of r and the corresponding binomial probabilities. Generate a bar graph.
(c) Compare the graphs of parts (a)and(b).How are they skewed?Is one symmetric with the other?
This question was answered on: Sep 13, 2020Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 13, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.