Worley Company buys surgical supplies from a variety of manufacturers and then resells and delivers these supplies to hundreds of hospitals. Worley sets its prices for all hospitals by marking up its cost of goods sold to those hospitals by 8%. For example, if a hospital buys supplies from Worley that had cost Worley $100 to buy from manufacturers, Worley would charge the hospital $108 to purchase these supplies.
For years, Worley believed that the 8% markup covered its selling and administrative expenses and provided a reasonable profit. However, in the face of declining profits Worley decided to implement an activity-based costing system to help improve its understanding of customer profitability. The company broke its selling and administrative expenses into five activities as shown below:
|Activity Cost Pool (Activity Measure)||Total Cost||Total Activity|
|Customer deliveries (Number of deliveries)||$||588,000||7,000||deliveries|
|Manual order processing (Number of manual orders)||360,000||5,000||orders|
|Electronic order processing (Number of electronic orders)||260,000||10,000||orders|
|Line item picking (Number of line items picked)||1,250,000||500,000||line items|
|Other organization-sustaining costs (None)||660,000|
|Total selling and administrative expenses||$||3,118,000|
Worley gathered the data below for two of the many hospitals that it serves?University and Memorial (both hospitals purchased a total quantity of medical supplies that had cost Worley $38,000 to buy from its manufacturers):
|Number of deliveries||17||21|
|Number of manual orders||0||45|
|Number of electronic orders||12||0|
|Number of line items picked||100||290|
1. Compute the total revenue that Worley would receive from University and Memorial.
2. Compute the activity rate for each activity cost pool. (Round your answers to 2 decimal places.)
3. Compute the total activity costs that would be assigned to University and Memorial. (Round your intermediate calculations and final answers to 2 decimal places.)
4. Compute Worley?s customer margin for University and Memorial. (Hint: Do not overlook the $38,000 cost of goods sold that Worley incurred serving each hospital.) (Loss amount should be indicated with a minus sign. Round your intermediate calculations and final answers to 2 decimal places.)
This question was answered on: Sep 13, 2020Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 13, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.