Final Paper Instructions
- Executive summary (1 page): A concise and insightful summary of the significant findings of your analysis and the recommendations you have for your executive team.
- Strategic issues and recommendations (5 pages): Identify 5?7 most important strategic issues facing your business unit. Strategic issues arise from a mismatch between internal capabilities and external trends such that important opportunities are not being pursued or significant external threats are not being addressed under the current strategy.
The strategic issues list should integrate your SWOT analysis, your Five Forces analysis, and the organizational assessment and external environmental scan completed earlier during the course. These detailed analyses are the foundation for your final set of findings and recommendations presented to the executive team.
In developing your recommendations for addressing each strategic issue, consider misalignments that might be apparent in different operating areas:
- Product portfolio: Are there changes to the target market segment, value proposition, or positioning of the product or service line needed?
- Structure: Are the organizational roles and responsibilities, decision-making authority, skill requirements, and work assignments properly configured and aligned to support the strategy?
- Organizational culture or behavior: Does the organizational culture inspire behaviors that support the strategy? Are the mission, vision, and values clearly articulated and aligned with the strategy? What new behaviors are needed?
- Value chain activities: Does the organization value chain fully align with the strategy? Are their activities that should be added, eliminated, or modified significantly?
- Performance measures: Do the organization?s performance measures focus on the key drivers of strategic success? Is there a strategy scorecard that ties the main elements of the strategy to specific operating capabilities, including goals and key performance indicators (KPIs) that give an indication of incremental or predictive progress toward reaching strategic goals?
Your recommendations should fall into these general categories, but should be specific in terms of scope and expected impact.
These sections have been completed earlier in the course, and should appear as appendices:
- SWOT analysis (2 pages?completed in Module 4): SWOT matrix illustrating strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
- Balanced strategy scorecard (4 pages?completed in Module 4): Develop a Balanced Scorecard for your business unit that reflects the key drivers for your business strategy.
- Organizational assessment (3 pages?completed in Module 3)
- External environmental scan and five-forces analysis (3 pages?completed in Module 2)
- Market position analysis (3 pages?completed in Module 1)
Use information from your previous assignments to support your conclusions and recommendations and conduct additional research when needed. Make sure you properly reference and cite so that the location of information is clear.
Submit your 15-page report in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M5_A2.doc.
Capstone Experience in Integration & Strategy B6028
4/1/2015 The InterviewI interviewed the CNO (Chief Nursing Officer) and a charge nurse at the hospital where I work.
I learned more about the strategic plan for the facility and the corporate business plan. The
findings will be discussed in more detail in the Analysis and Matrix sections of this paper. Some
of the discussions will be actual quotes where others will be information gathered from research
and personal experience.
AnalysisDescribe the target customer for the product/service:
Our target market is our community. The community in which we serve in Venice Florida has an
average patient population of 62 years of age. There are many new housing developments which
have completed their final phase to include golfing or family oriented activities. These
communities are drawing in younger families and creating a need for our own hospital growth
and development. With community growth, comes increase needs for medical services. To meet
the needs of our community we are actively recruiting nurses and physicians to fill current and
?Marketing plays an important part in our business strategic plan.? Listening to our customer?s
needs is accomplished through surveys conducted through random phone calling after discharge
from our facility. This technique aides us maintaining meeting the needs of our patients,
families,and visitors of our town and creates a competitive edge.
The Marketing department uses customer and employee feedback information to attract and for
employee retention and for customer loyalty. Distinguish between each customer segment?s specific wants and needs:
?Our location and relationship we have with our first responders is what we contribute our high
rate of customer loyalty to.? Our first responders include local police, ambulance services, and
firefighters. Establishing a good relationship with our community and first responders provides
us with a competitive edge by holding us as their medical facility of choice.
Justify how well your product/service satisfies customer wants and needs:
Customer satisfaction is measured through surveys and taken very seriously. Each quarter the
surveys are presented to leadership and then evaluated for opportunities for improvement.
Directors and Managers are expected to address low scores by creating action plans and
engaging staff in the efforts for improving scores.
Examine the position of your product/service in relation to the competition:
Who are the main competitors? We have the only full service hospital within a 30 mile radius
and several clinics in the community to meet the needs of our community. According to the
hospital web site, ?Healthpark is a clinic that provides many services. Services include a
complete radiology department with digital mammography, ultrasound, bone density testing and
a state-of-the-art 64-slice computed tomography (CT) scanner.? Our healthpark clinic provides
an additional service in high demand from our customers for complex wounds. We are the only
facility within a 30 mile radius providing complex wound care with hyperbaric services. Are
there any rehabilitation services available? ?Yes, there is a comprehensive outpatient
rehabilitation center available at the outpatient facility, including occupational therapy, speech
therapy and physical therapy.? What is the source of competitive advantage for your product. Evaluate how sustainable is
this source of advantage:
Offering a variety of services throughout the community offers convenient options to our
customers. As technology continues to advance and people are living longer, there will always
be a need for our services
Assess the long-term sustainability of the source of differentiation and competitive advantage.
Our town continues to experience growth spurts and as families continue to move into our
community, there will be a constant increase need for medical services for all ages. ?In order to
continue our strategic growth plan, we need to remain customer focused.? Remaining customer
focused means we need to be diligent in our efforts to identify our who our customers are and
recognize their medical needs.
The MatrixThe Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), along with the Agency for Healthcare
Research and Quality (AHRQ), developed the HCAHPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of
Healthcare Providers and Systems) Survey.
HCAHPS is a standardized survey tool and data collection method for measuring patients
perspectives on hospital care. HCAHPS Surveys are administered to random selected patients
continuously throughout the year. CMS cleans, adjusts and analyzes the data, then publicly
reports the results. Some topics include:
3. Cleanliness and quietness of the hospital
4. Willing to recommend hospital
5. Responsiveness of staff The data is gathered, analyzed and calculates hospitals? HCAHPS scores and reported publicly
on the internet. The scores create a competitive edge for a facility as well as being judged for
government insurance reimbursements. Reimbursement is a vital component to remain
competitive and for the organization?s sustainability. References:
Personal Interview: Inna M.
Personal Interview: John B.
Survey of patient experiences retrieved from
Venice Regional Bayfront Health http://www.veniceregional.com/locations/venice-healthpark
This question was answered on: Sep 13, 2020Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 13, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.