- September 13, 2020
Create a sales leadership philosophy and plan to prepare for advancement to an executive-level leadership position in sales management. Identify factors that complement your selling style in a global environment. Assess your sales skills and abilities. In this assessment, you are expected to:
- Distinguish the role of a collaborative sales leader in virtual, global, and culturally diverse environments.
- Identify current and emerging trends supporting leadership in sales force development through resource planning, recruitment, training, motivation, and assessment.
- Create a personal leadership philosophy, in preparation for advancing to an executive-level sales management position. Focus on collaborative leadership in virtual, global, and culturally diverse environments.
Part 1 ? Sales Leadership Philosophy
Analyze your approach to sales and the role of the sales professional. Through your personal observations, experience, readings, and coursework, critique the theory and practice of sales leadership.
- Describe your personal sales leadership philosophy.
- How does this complement your selling philosophy? What makes you choose this sales leadership philosophy?
- How does this philosophy prepare you for an executive-level sales management position?
- Describe the typical relationship between a salesperson and his or her manager, given this philosophy. You may want to examine communication, motivation, training, and other elements.
- Describe methods used to strengthen the long-term relationship, given this philosophy.
Part 2 ? Sales Leadership Style Factors in a Global Environment
Once you have a good grasp on your sales leadership philosophy and process, explore factors that complement a successful sales leadership style in a global environment.
- Describe the factors that compliment a successful sales leadership style. How are they different, given a global selling environment?
- Describe what technical expertise and skills you believe are needed for this sales leadership style. Explain your rationale for each skill.
- Describe what communication style you believe works best in a global sales management environment. Explain your rationale.
- Describe what leadership expertise and skills you believe are needed. Explain your rationale for each skill.
Part 3 ? Fit Assessment
Put yourself in the role of a sales manager. Based on your work above, examine your fit against the criteria you have identified.
- How would you assess your fit or appropriateness for a sales leadership position?
- What leadership characteristics do you currently possess that would complement a successful selling style?
- What skills would you need in order to be an effective executive-level sales manager?
- What additional training or assistance would you need?
Part 4 ? Sales Leadership Organizational Plan
Given your sales leadership philosophy, the global factors, and your fit assessment, develop a sales leadership plan for an organization. This could be the organization for which you currently work, even though you may not work in sales, or it could be an organization in which you have an interest. Outline a sales leadership plan that briefly discusses organizational structure, a sales representative profile, recruitment, training, compensation type, and motivation. Explain how you would develop an effective sales organization to achieve sales in a highly competitive, global selling environment.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
- Number of resources: Minimum of three resources.
- Length of paper: 8?12 typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Competency 5: Design an organizational structure and define roles for an effective sales process.
- Discuss sales philosophy guidelines for an executive-level manager.
- List characteristics of a successful executive in a global environment.
- Describe a sales leadership position using a fit-assessment technique.
- Design a sales leadership organizational plan for a global sales organization.
Running head: SALES LEADERSHIP PHILOSOPHY AND PLAN Sales Leadership Philosophy and Plan
University Affiliation 1 SALES LEADERSHIP PHILOSOPHY AND PLAN 2 Sales Leadership Philosophy…