- September 13, 2020
- Download H1 worksheet to your computer. Based on the Principle 1 and Principle 2, you should make Excel to do as much of the work as possible. Whenever possible, a formula should be used rather than entering numbers. Format the worksheet so that it is easy to understand. Make borders, shading, and font choices if you think it appropriate, so the financial statements look like professional.
- Construct the Statement of Cash Flow for 2015 in a different worksheet. The numbers in the Statement of Cash Flows should be linked to the related numbers either in the Balance Sheet or in the Income Statement. All three worksheets (balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flows) should be in the same workbook. Compare the net Change in Cash Balance from the statement of cash flows with the cash holdings in 2015 and 2014 balance sheet. What is their relationship?
- Construct the 2015 and 2014 common-size balance sheets and income statements.
- Construct the 2015 common-size statement of cash flows using both sales and the beginning cash balance as the denominator. You are expected to use the CHOOSE () function in Excel to switch the denominators.
- Use Excel?s Outliner tool to create appropriate outlines for three financial statements.
- Discuss the results and your findings.
- This homework accounts for a total of 50 points, including the points for the format. You have two weeks to work on the homework. You can use the online assignment submission tool to submit your completed H1. The due date & time is 11:59pm on Sunday, September 11th.
SL High Tech
For the Years 2014 and 2015
Cost of Goods
Selling & Admin. Expense 425000
Net Operating Income
Earnings Before Taxes
Earnings per Share 35.00%
$5.31 SL High Tech
For the Year Ended December 31, 2015
Total Current Assets
Gross Fixed Assets
Net Plant & Equipment
Liabilities & Owner's Equity
Total Current Liabilities
Common Stock ($20 par)
Total Owner's Equity
Total Liab. & Owner's Equity 605400