INTERNATIONAL COUNTRY TRANSPORTATION- LOGISTICS ASSESSMENT ASSIGNMENT
Purpose: To have students gain insights and understanding of the transportation structure, issues and carriers and regional logistics issues for a country besides the United States.
*Grades for this assignment will be based on the nature and extent of the information collected.
*Written report guidelines
-Minimum 8, maximum 12 pages.
-Double space, Times New Roman.
-Cover page to include the name of the student and the chosen country.
-Q/A type format.
-A separate ?references? page should be included as an appendix.
-References should be cited throughout the paper.
*Choose one of the nations below?
- Choose a country and for that country, answer briefly the following questions.
- 1. What are the rough dimensions of the country in miles?
- 2. What is the population? What percentage lives in the 3 largest cities?3. What is the predominant language? How widely used is English in business?4. What are the principle cities and political divisions which would have an impact on transportation?5. What are the principle products for the country (top 3-5 in each of the following categories)?*Overall (produced in the country)*Exported to the world*Exported to the US*Imported from the world*Imported from the US
- 6. In the last three years have there been any instances of political instability?7. What is the currency? What is the exchange rate to US dollars? How has it changed in the past two years?8. What time zones exist in this country? What time is it in the capital when it is noon in Cambridge, MA?9. What unique requirements exist for products sold in this country? (e.g. testing, packaging, language, safety, etc.)10. What regulations or limitations exist regarding freight transport?11. Are there saltwater ports which can handle large ships? How far are the major population centers from those ports?12. What business terms and financial instruments are typically used for import commercial transactions?13. How large is a typical supermarket or retail food store (square feet or meters)?
- 14. Do any of the large US discount retailers (Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Toys ?R Us) have stores in this country?15. Describe the highway and rail infrastructure. Are they: extensive, moderate, or primitive nationwide?16. How bad is the traffic congestion in the major cities?17. Which countries are the primary trading partners? For each partner, in which direction is the balance of trade (import or export)?18. Is security an issue in logistics? Why?19. How reliable is the phone system? How long for a consumer to get a phone line installed? How extensive is the mobile phone network?20. How many people have Internet access?
- 21. What is the price of regular gasoline, $ per gallon?22. What trade restrictions exist? What are the highest import duties ? which products and countries of origin? What embargoes exist, if any?
- 23. What customs documents are required for an import shipment? For export?24. How common is ?bribery? (US definition) in trade transactions? (normal, infrequent, very rare). What are the legal ramifications?25. How strong are the unions? In what industries are they an important factor? Are they predominantly national or local? What impact do they have on logistics?
- Be sure to include any current news articles or other current factors that might impact supply chain management now and in the future in your assigned country.
This question was answered on: Sep 13, 2020Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 13, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.