Please explain the following in a paragraph form, all that is needed is the information within the document.
Explain what you learn about the disclosures of your SEC 10K company relating to Income Taxes.
Your comments should relate to net income or loss as well as to the balance sheet treatment and disclosure in the notes to the financial statements.
Additionally consider the concept of risk and the aggressiveness of positions taken.
1. Identify and explain the investments disclosed by your SEC 10K company? Where are the disclosed? Is there information you cannot access due to generalization and issues of materiality? 2. Identify and explain trends in the investment holdings of your SEC 10K company, comparing this fiscal year to previous years. What detail do you learn from the notes to the financial statements? Category: Revenue Recognition 1. How is the concept of revenue recognition disclosed in your SEC 10K? Identify and explain the recognition issues faced by your company.
2. Describe the sales and revenue issues of your company in terms of customers and sales types.
Category: Reporting Stockholders' Equity
1. Explain the relevancy of your company's statement of stockholders' equity. Your comments should include column titles as well as line items. Any surprises related to items not included or items displayed? What changes do you observe? An example would be treasury stock.
2. Retained earnings or accumulated deficits: comment on the activity reporting, including references to previous fiscal year activity.
Category: Common Stock, Dividends, and other activity
1. Describe activity for this fiscal year and others disclosed relating to common stock, dividends, and related activity.
2. Comment on concepts such as stock compensation and stock options. What do you learn from the notes to the financial statements regarding these items?
Category: Accumulated Other Comprehensive Income / (Loss)
1. Compare and contract items in the area of Accumulated Other Comprehensive Income / (Loss)
for this fiscal year with other years disclosed in the statement of shareholders' equity. 2. Provide additional details about accumulated other comprehensive income based on your review of the notes to the financial statements.
1. What were the company's liabilities as displayed on the balance sheet for the most recent fiscal year? Comment on the trend in total liabilities, both current and long term. 2. Notes to the financial statements: What more do you learn about liabilities from these details? Category: Contingencies 1. Identify and describe any contingencies. How are they disclosed?
2. Considering materiality as one component, what do you learn about contingencies from your review of the notes to the financial statements? Category: Defining Contingencies 1. What goals might management have regarding the disclosure of contingencies?
2. Identify and explain gain contingencies as they apply to your company.
3. Identify and explain loss contingencies as they apply to your company. Works Cited
SEC 10-K. (2015, 7 23). Retrieved from 2015 Nike, Inc. Annual Report: