Assignment 1: Whistleblowing and Sarbanes-Oxley Due
Week 3 and worth 100 points
Use the Internet to research instances of whistleblowing in publicly traded companies within the last 36 months.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Describe the key characteristics of a whistleblower, and briefly summarize one (1) researched instance of whistleblowing in one (1) publicly traded company within the last 12 months. Include the details of the issue that the whistleblower reported and the effect of the whistleblower?s actions on both the whistleblower himself and the company.
- Decide whether or not the whistleblower was justified in reporting the company?s actions. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Examine the extent to which the whistleblower would be protected under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Justify your response.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment.Note: Wikipedia is not an acceptable reference and proprietary Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student?s name, the professor?s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Determine the underlying causes for passage of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and determine protections afforded to whistleblowers.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in law, ethics, and corporate governance.
- Write clearly and concisely about law, ethics, and corporate governance using proper writing mechanics.
Running Head: WHISTLE BLOWING Surname 1 Whistle Blowing and Sarbanes-Oxley Act Name Course
Date WHISTLE BLOWING Surname 2 Whistle Blowing and Sarbanes-Oxley Act
This question was answered on: Sep 13, 2020Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 13, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.