- In the cafeteria there are two bags of doughnuts that look delicious. Each bag has 30 doughnuts. Bag A contains twice as many stale doughnuts as fresh ones. Bag B contains equal number of fresh doughnuts and stale doughnuts. Suppose we choose one of these bags at random and randomly select 1/3 of the doughnuts in this bag. Among the selected doughnuts, we replace each stale doughnut with fresh doughnut after it has been selected. If the selected doughnut is fresh, we just put it back into the selected bag. Suppose that after selecting a bag and swapping the stale doughnuts, we end up with 3/5 of the doughnuts in the bag being fresh.
- (a) If we have chosen bag A, what is the probability of finding 3/5 of the doughnuts being fresh after swapping the stale doughnuts? What if we have chosen bag B?
- (b) What is the probability that we have chosen bag B given the outcome of the swapping procedure above?
In the cafeteria there are two bags of doughnuts that look delicious. Each bag has 30 doughnuts.
Bag A contains twice as many stale doughnuts as fresh ones. Bag B contains equal number of
This question was answered on: Sep 13, 2020Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 13, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.