I have some sort of easy question/assignment that I was hoping to get a second eye on. If you have time this weekend, can you take a look at it for me? There is a table attached to the exercise that gives clues on what each represents. THanks.
These procedural methods are often based on environmental quantitative assessment tools, the most commonly
used of which are described as follows:
? A life cycle assessment (LCA) quantifies a large number of resource uses, substance flows, and environmental
accumulations to estimate multiple environmental impacts associated with a given function.
? A substance flow analysis (SFA) quantifies the flows and environmental accumulation of either a single substance,
such as mercury, or a group of substances, such as inorganic nitrate compounds.
? A risk assessment (RA) studies the risk or the probability of severe impacts occurring from an installation (such as
a nuclear power plant) or the risks of using a chemical substance.
? A material flow analysis (MFA) tracks the flow of material in the economy of a given region. This is usually a raw
material, such as paper, glass, concrete, or plastics.
? A carbon footprint (CF) determines the direct and indirect emissions of greenhouse gases due to a product, a
human activity, or a business.
? A water footprint (WF) determines the impacts associated with water as an area of concern, including water
usage and environmental exposures related to water quality. Decide which assessment method listed in Table 2.1 is most appropriate for the following situations. List
key reasons for using this method, and find an appropriate metric/basis for comparison.
1. An electricity company is investing $50 million to integrate photovoltaics into the design of
commercial and residential buildings. It wants to estimate the environmental benefits of this design,
assuming 1000 buildings will be constructed around the country.
2. An airline company would like to optimize its company?s greenhouse gas emissions.
3. You need decide whether to use paper or plastic bags to carry your groceries home.
4. An electricity company is deciding in which of two cities to build its new power plant.
5. You want to decide whether to take the car, bus, train, or airplane from Chicago to New York City
based on environmental impacts.
6. A chemical leak occurs in a manufacturing plant, and it needs to decide whether or not to evacuate
people from the area.
7. Afterward, the manufacturing plant in (6) must determine the best decontamination method for the
site where this leak occurs.
8. Regional authorities are considering creating a recycling auction for old materials and want to decide
which materials to include.
9. Congress wants to examine the impacts of using biofuels in the federal fleet of vehicles.
This question was answered on: Sep 13, 2020Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 13, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.