The written assignment for Week 3 is to write a short essay of two or three double-spaced pages after you have watched two televised newscasts of national news on the same day. One newscast is to come from a cable or satellite news network (examples being CNN, Headline, Fox News, CNBC, and MSNBC) and the other from one of the broadcast networks (examples being CBS, NBC, ABC, or Fox Network).
Please be sure to select national newscasts rather than your local city or regional newscasts.
You have your choice of which cable/satellite source and which broadcast source you choose. The half-hour newscasts are best for this exercise.
While watching, keep notes of the top three stories and the amount of time devoted to each of the three stories.
With your notes in hand, write your comparison of the two newscasts based on these four factors:
- the top three news stories covered ? whether they match or differ in the two newscasts;
- the amount of air time given to each of those three stories;
- any difference in the slant of the presentations of the three stories; and
- anything you heard that affected the credibility of the people delivering the reports.
To conclude, how would you account for the similarities between the two newscasts in both selection and content of the stories?
Write your answer in a Word document and save it with a filename SurnameThinkingWeek3.docx.
For example, the late Walter Cronkite would name his CronkiteThinkingWeek3.docx.
Submit your assignment to the Dropbox, located at the top of this page. For instructions on how to use the Dropbox, read these step-by-step instructions.
This question was answered on: Sep 13, 2020Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 13, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.